Katherine Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Katherine Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing katherine.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Katherine for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Katherine?
Katherine Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Katherine, Northern Territory
Katherine is a small town in the Northern Territory of Australia, situated on the Katherine River. This picturesque town is home to several galleries, museums, and historical venues, each with its unique story and contribution to the community.
- Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre: This art center is entirely devoted to facilitating, promoting, and preserving Indigenous art and cultural practices. It opened in 2011 and has since become a vibrant hub of creativity and community in the region. The center is located on Lot 3238, Stuart Hwy, Kumarina, Northern Territory.
- Katherine Art Gallery: The Katherine Art Gallery showcases an impressive collection of Australian and Indigenous art. Visitors can find a range of paintings, sculptures, and other artworks across its numerous galleries. The gallery aims to bring new audiences to the region, promote local artists and offer visitors a unique perspective on Australian art. The Katherine Art Gallery is located on 20 Katherine Tce, Katherine, Northern Territory.
- Miimi and Jiinda: This contemporary Indigenous art gallery is run by two sisters of the Gumbaynggirr people, Natalie and Alana. The gallery showcases the works of Indigenous artists from around the region, and their collections include paintings, ceramics, textiles, and jewelry. Miimi and Jiinda is located on 54 Gorge Road, Katherine, Northern Territory.
- Katherine Museum: The Katherine Museum is a historical site that chronicles the town's natural and social history. Exhibits explore local industries, including mining, farming, and tourism, and showcase Indigenous cultural practices. The museum also has a "Pioneers' Cottage," built in 1896, which gives an insight into the town's early settlers' lives. The Katherine Museum is located on 4/28 First St, Katherine, Northern Territory.
- The Rolls-Royce Museum: This museum houses an impressive collection of vintage Rolls-Royce cars and motorcycles. Visitors can explore the history of these iconic vehicles and admire their fine craftsmanship and engineering. The museum is located on Lot 29, Gorge Road, Katherine, Northern Territory.
- Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park: Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park is a unique natural cave system situated approximately 30 km south of Katherine. Visitors can explore the limestone caves full of stalactites and stalagmites, formed over millions of years. The park is also home to a range of reptiles and flora and fauna distinctive to the Northern Territory's landscape.
- Mataranka Thermal Pool: The Mataranka Thermal Pool is a natural hot spring oasis located approximately 100 km south of Katherine. The clear, warm waters are surrounded by lush vegetation, including palms, ferns, and pandanus. Visitors can swim, relax, and take in the natural beauty of the Northern Territory.
- Nitmiluk National Park: Nitmiluk National Park is a vast wilderness area that covers approximately 292,800 hectares. The park is home to the stunning Nitmiluk Gorge, a series of 13 gorges carved out by the Katherine River. Visitors can explore the gorges on foot or by boat and take in the dramatic landscapes and wildlife unique to the region.
the galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around Katherine offer visitors a unique perspective on the Northern Territory's natural and cultural heritage. From contemporary Indigenous art to vintage cars, limestone caves to natural thermal pools, the town has something for everyone. Whether it's a day trip or a more extended visit, Katherine is a must-see destination for those seeking to explore the heart of the Australian outback.
Katherine Galleries and Museums Articles